There are many steps a homeowner can take to help lower their energy bill. One of the easiest ways is to upgrade the thermostats in your house with programmable thermostats from Woodfin. By using a programmable thermostat to manage heat (or air conditioning) in your home, you can automate your energy savings by customizing a schedule that adapts to your routine.
You no longer have to decide whether to waste energy on heating/cooling your home when you are out or come back to an uncomfortable temperature inside to save on energy costs. A programmable thermostat lets you "set it and forget it," so your energy doesn't go to waste.
The U.S. Energy Star® program released these tips to help homeowners maximize their energy savings with a programmable thermostat.
- Install your thermostat away from heating or cooling registers, appliances, lighting, doorways, skylights, windows, and areas that receive direct sunlight or drafts.
- Keep the thermostat set at energy-saving temperatures for long periods of time, such as during the day when people are away from the home, and throughout the night.
- If you are going away on vacation, set the "hold" button at a constant energy-saving temperature.
- Try not to override the pre-programmed settings, this results in using more energy and you can end up paying more for energy costs.
- Choose the model that best meets your needs. Thermostats come with either 7-day, 5+2-day, or 5-1-1-day programming capacity. Your Home Team-Woodfin can help you pick out the right thermostat.
If you want to upgrade your thermostats or have more questions about the energy-saving benefits, contact us here.