Every energy dollar counts and conserving energy is crucial to maintaining a healthy and comfortable home, planet and bank account. A great place to begin making changes in the name of energy conservation is with your water heating system. Is your home using a tank water heater? If so, you could eliminate wasted energy by upgrading to a modern tankless water heater!
Here are some advantages of a natural gas or propane tankless water heater:
- This style of water heater is compact in size, taking up less space than conventional tank type water heaters.
- They virtually eliminate standby losses – energy wasted when heated water cools down in long pipe runs or while it’s sitting in the storage tank.
- By providing hot water immediately, tankless water heaters waste less water. You don’t need to let the water run as you wait for hot water to reach you.
- A tankless water heater can provide unlimited hot water as long as it is operating within its capacity.
- The expected life of tankless water heaters is 20 years, compared to 10 or 15 years for tank type water heaters
In short, a tankless water heater’s longer lifespan will save you on replacement costs. Additionally, tankless water heaters can cut down on your water usage and reduce energy costs by 10-15% by eliminating standby loss from the tank and hot water piping.
At Woodfin, we proudly work with today’s top tankless water heating system manufacturers so you know you’re getting a reliable system! Contact us today at (804) 730-5000 if you’d like to learn more about natural gas or propane tankless water heaters and how they can help you!