Last winter was a true test of your heating system. Were you comfortable during the “bomb cyclone” of early 2018, or did you find yourself gathering up all the blankets around your home to stay warm? If your heating equipment couldn’t keep up, it might be time to upgrade! If you need any further convincing that an upgrade is due, here are some other indications that your heating system isn’t up for another winter:
- Equipment Age: Most heat pumps, furnaces and boilers begin operating less efficiently after 10 years, and after 15 years they should be replaced.
- Heating Costs: As your equipment loses efficiency, the amount of fuel consumed increases. Even if you aren’t using your equipment more than usual, you’ll eventually notice that you’re receiving higher energy bills for the same amount of warmth you’ve always needed.
- Service Calls: As your equipment ages, the frequency with which you need to call on Your Home Team for repairs will increase. Eventually, the cost to upkeep your system will become greater than the cost to replace it all together.
- Strange Noises: Louder and more noticeable noises are a warning that your home heating equipment is in need of some attention. The longer it’s left alone, the more likely a replacement will be needed.
- Dust Level: As time goes on, the ductwork of your heating system will form leaks and separate allowing dust to get into your equipment and circulate into your home. If you notice an excessive amount of dust coming from your vents, it’s time to call Woodfin!
Not only will upgrading your heating system help you better prepare for the winter, you’ll save money, too, with enhanced heating efficiency! A new, modern heating system can save you up to 40% on heating costs. If you’d like to learn more, contact Your Home Team online!