With the high temperatures coming just around the corner, please enjoy these tips that will help you stay cool while conserving both energy and money this summer.
When preparing for the warmer weather, the first thing that may come to mind is your air conditioning system. While an AC system might help with high temperatures, it definitely doesn’t help with high electricity costs. Your air conditioner is responsible for 70 percent of utility bills. This summer, stay comfortable indoors and save money with these conservation tips:
AIR CONDITIONING CONSERVATION TIPS:
- Maintain your air conditioning filter. Changing or cleaning your filter monthly will improve efficiency and maximize your equipment’s life.
- Turn off your air conditioner when no one is home. There’s no reason for your air conditioner to use energy and cool your home if you aren’t even there!
- Clear furniture away from your air conditioner vents. This will help your air conditioner work more efficiently and get you a better airflow.
OTHER CONSERVATION TIPS:
- Open more windows. This will generate fresh, cool air inside. A good rule of thumb is to keep your windows closed when the temperature outside is warmer than the temperature inside.
- Keep blinds, drapes and shades closed. Helps block out the sun, which will decrease the temperature inside your home.
- Install a ceiling fan. In the summertime, use your ceiling fan in the counter-clockwise direction. It will blow air down on to you and cool you off.
- Install an attic fan. Woodfin can install an attic fan to help cool the air in your attic by nearly 30 degrees. In effect, this can help reduce the temperature throughout your entire home.
For more tips on how to save money and conserve energy this summer call Woodfin’s friendly Energy Solution representatives at 804-730-5000 or contact us online. Woodfin is the proven leader when it comes to your cool comfort this summer!
By Kelly Williams