WHAT IS HEATING OIL?
We think that heating oil is the best fuel for Richmond, Virginia homeowners because it has so much going for it!
HEATING OIL IS SAFE.
- Heating oil does not explode, and it doesn't even burn in a liquid state. In order to ignite, heating oil must be heated to 140°F - the temperature at which it begins to vaporize.
- With home heating oil systems, carbon monoxide leaks rarely happen without warning, unlike gas heat systems.
HEATING OIL IS DEPENDABLE.
- With heating oil, you benefit from having your fuel source safely stored in a tank on your property, with no need to worry about the weather or disruptions in the fuel supply.
- Click here to apply for an automatic fuel delivery account
- Woodfin offers full service benefits that add value to every gallon of heating oil we deliver.
HEATING OIL IS EFFICIENT.
- Of all heating fuels, heating oil has the hottest flame, for satisfying warmth, and rapid space and hot water heating.
- Thanks to major advancements being made in heating oil burner technology, some heating oil systems now boast efficiency ratings of over 95 percent!
- Modern heating oil equipment actually burns less fuel. The average annual fuel consumption in 1973 was 1,294 gallons; and now it is only 833 gallons. That's 35 percent less fuel.
- A tank on a homeowner's property puts him/her in charge of supply.
- The homeowner pays only for heating oil received and uses only what is needed.
- Automatic delivery assures that the homeowner won't run out of heating oil. Click here to apply.
- Tanks can be located in the basement, garage, underground or next to the home.
- New tanks are compact in size, and can be hidden away in small nooks.
- Attractive tank enclosures can be custom-built.
What if a tank leak occurs?
Whether you use standard heating oil, Virginia provides additional protection for homeowners and businesses in the rare case of a petroleum leak from a tank. Please review the information on the Virginia Department of Environment Quality website. For help with the clean-up of the oil spill please contact JL Bishop Contractor Inc. If financial help is needed with clean-up the Virginia Petroleum Storage Tank Fund is available to help to recover the costs of the leak.
A leaking oil tank is not only a hazard to the environment, but it is also unlawful. If you suspect that your tank is in need of replacing, please give us a call. We will come out and inspect your tank and offer an estimate for replacement.