HEAT PUMPS SAVE MONEY
At Woodfin, we have an advanced understanding of heat pump technology, and we install the best systems available for Central Virginia's climate. If you're interested in a heat pump, please contact us. We'll evaluate your home and your current equipment and give you our professional recommendations about upgrading to new high-efficiency equipment.
Amana® offers a full line of heat pump systems that provide both cooling and heating comfort from a single system. Amana heat pumps are protected by the best warranty protection in the heating and cooling industry. The premium ASZC18 heat pump system offers up to 18 SEER and 9.5 HSPF performance and uses the ComfortNet™ Communications System. The compressor is covered by a Lifetime Limited Warranty that ensures a new heat pump unit will be provided to the original purchaser of the central heat pump system as long as they live in the same single-family residence. All remaining functional parts are covered by a 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty.
With 130 years experience building advanced heating and cooling equipment, American Standard manufactures an outstanding line of high-efficiency heat pumps that deliver exceptional comfort while dramatically reducing energy costs. The premium Platinum Series saves up to 60 percent on your heating and cooling energy usage with two-stage cooling and includes AccuLink™ connectivity for ultimate control and convenience. The series achieves the highest efficiency in the industry, significantly surpassing government efficiency standards. Each heat pump contains two compressors that provide two-stage heating and cooling, running at an energy-saving 50-percent capacity most of the time. The system runs quietly and keeps temperatures even from room to room with a variable-speed fan motor.
Built on a foundation of innovation and advanced technology to provide lasting comfort, Carrier's Infinity™ Heat Pump uses the newest Inverter technology or two-stage operation to reduce your power consumption. The Green Speed Inverter can deliver steady consistent heat without the use of electric backup down to 5 degrees! This high-efficiency appliance can be teamed with an Infinity furnace to create a HybridHeat system that saves energy all year long. The Infinity Heat Pump uses environmentally friendly Puron® Refrigerant and is designed with Silencer System II™ for quiet operation. The WeatherArmor Ultra™ system protects the unit, which carries a 10-year compressor limited warranty and a 5-year parts limited warranty. But when coupled with Woodfins 10-10-10 Total Comfort Plan you will not write a repair check for 10 years.
The extensive Lennox heat pump line includes the premium XP21, which is part of the Dave Lennox Signature® Collection and can save hundreds of dollars a year in energy compared to a standard heat pump. Exclusive SilentComfort™ technology, combined with two-stage operation, maintains precise temperatures while keeping energy costs and sound levels at a minimum. The system offers the SunSource® Solar-Ready option that allows you to add solar modules and create a solar powered system that generates electricity for your heat pump and more. Two-Stage cooling allows the XP21 to run more efficiently and produce more even temperatures than a conventional single-stage system.
View Some of Our Work
Heat pump upgrade in crawl space.
For more information, please click contact us.
See our Energy Saving Accessories to save money and energy.
In the moderate cold that is typical of a Virginia winter, a highly efficient heat pump can be more efficient than a furnace or boiler. Heat pumps use electricity to extract warmth from the outdoor air and move it into your house. Compared to traditional electric heating, a heat pump can save 30 percent to 40 percent on electricity costs for heating. On the coldest days, however, a heat pump's efficiency declines.
Follow these tips to optimize the efficiency of your heat pump system:
- Do not set back the heat pump thermostat if it causes the backup heating to come on, because the backup system is probably less efficient.
- For continuous indoor fan operation, install a variable-speed fan motor so that heat pump performance does not degrade.
- Keep your system well maintained with professional tuning at least once a year. Proper maintenance can save more than 10 percent on electricity, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Clean or change filters once a month or as needed. Dirty filters reduce airflow through the system, which decreases performance.
- Clean outdoor coils whenever they appear dirty. Power down the fan occasionally and clean it.
- Remove vegetation and clutter from around the outdoor unit.
- Clean the supply and return registers inside your home, and straighten their fins if they are bent.
- Inspect the ductwork periodically. A typical system loses 20 percent of its conditioned air through leaks and faulty connections.
- Insulate thoroughly to eliminate heat loss through your walls, ceilings and floors. You could reduce your fuel bills by as much as 15 percent, according to Consumer Energy Council of America.
- Open shades and drapes during the daytime to let the sun's warmth in, and close them when the sun goes down.
- Close your kitchen vent, fireplace damper and closet doors when not in use. Remove air conditioning window units, or cover them well.
- Check your threshold for any gaps between it and the door. Use a bottom seal that can be attached to the bottom of the door. It should brush up against the floor to seal up the threshold and eliminate drafts.
- Make sure you have good insulation on exterior walls, ceilings with cold spaces above, and floors with cold spaces below.
- Replace the windows. Consider new low-emissivity glass that will decrease radiant heat loss without lowering visibility.
- Correct air leaks around windows, doors and electrical outlets.
- Repair weather stripping and caulking.
- Replace any cracked glass in your windows.
- Keep ductwork in good repair with duct insulation.
For more information, please contact us.