CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS SAVE LIVES
Woodfin Security installs carbon monoxide detectors, which we recommend to protect occupants against carbon monoxide poisoning. If you choose to have Woodfin Security monitor your home/business security, carbon monoxide detectors can be part of the monitored security system, and our 24-hour security center will be alerted.
A carbon monoxide detector is specially designed to detect this odorless, colorless gas. Standard smoke detectors will not provide you with this protection. We recommend that you install at least one carbon monoxide detector near your bedrooms and on every level of your home. To learn more or to schedule an installation, speak with one of our Live Help Online Representatives by clicking the link on the right during office hours, or contact us anytime.
CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY TIPS:
- Install Carbon monoxide alarms (listed by an independent testing laboratory) inside your home to provide early warning of accumulating CO. CO alarms should be installed in a central location outside each separate sleeping area. If bedrooms are spaced apart, each area will need a CO alarm.
- Test CO alarms at least once a month.
- CO alarms are not substitutes for smoke alarms. Know the difference between the sound of smoke alarms and CO alarms.
- Have fuel-burning heating equipment (fireplaces, furnaces, water heaters, wood and coal stoves, space or portable heaters) and chimneys inspected by a professional every year before cold weather sets in.
- When purchasing new heating and cooking equipment, select products tested and labeled by a recognized testing laboratory.
- When using a fireplace, open the flue for adequate ventilation.
- Never use your oven to heat your home.
- When buying an existing home, have a qualified technician evaluate the integrity of the heating and cooking systems, as well as the sealed spaces between the garage and house.
- If the alarm sounds, immediately move to a fresh air location outdoors or by an open window or door. Call for help from a fresh air location. Remain at a fresh air location until emergency personnel arrive to assist you.
- If the audible trouble signal sounds, check for low batteries or other trouble indicators.
- If you have central monitoring from Woodfin Security, you will not need to call the fire department. Just get out of the home immediately and our monitoring center will contact the emergency personnel as per your account set up instructions.
Contact us for more information about carbon monoxide detectors.