ALWAYS BE ON GUARD WITH FIRE AND SMOKE ALARMS
Sadly, thousands of people are killed and injured each year due to fires. For residences or businesses, fire alarms save lives, possessions and property, alerting you and the proper authorities to any fire situation. Numerous studies have concluded that when working smoke alarms are present, the chance of perishing from a fire is cut in half.
Woodfin Security, our home/business security company, can design and install stand-alone smoke and fire systems or integrate fire protection with your burglary alarm system. Woodfin Security maintains services and monitors your security/fire system for even greater peace of mind.
If you would like to equip your home or business with the best in alarms, please contact us.
Fire and Smoke Alarm Facts:
- It is estimated that 95 percent of U.S homes have at least one smoke alarm.
- Properly installed and maintained smoke alarms save lives and protect against injury and loss due to fire.
- In 2000-2004, no smoke alarms were present or none operated in almost half (46 percent) of the reported home fires.
- An estimated 890 lives could be saved each year if all homes had working smoke alarms.
- 65 percent of reported home fire deaths in 2000-2004 resulted from fires in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms.
- The fire death rate in homes with working smoke alarms is 51 percent less than the rate for homes without this protection.
- In one out of every five homes equipped with at least one smoke alarm installed, not a single one was working.