WOODFIN IS YOUR CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING SPECIALIST
There has never been a better time to upgrade your cooling equipment. Electricity prices are newly deregulated, and you can ward off large price increases by switching to modern, high-efficiency equipment.
Today's systems are so efficient that they can provide the same level of cooling or better than your current system provides while reducing electrical consumption by 20 to 40 percent. Woodfin specializes in advanced, high-efficiency equipment, and we can install a new system that will greatly offset today's high electricity costs. We'll set the equipment up according to the manufacturer's specifications and test it to make sure it is achieving optimal efficiency.
When it comes to central air conditioning installation, service, upgrades, or repairs, Woodfin is the proven leader.
The U.S. ENERGY STAR® program says that replacing 12-year-old air conditioning equipment with an ENERGY STAR®-qualified model can cut your cooling costs by 30 percent. The most efficient equipment has a SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of 15 or more, and the minimum allowable in new equipment is 13. (Many older systems have SEER ratings of 6 or less.)
See our Energy Saving Accessories to save money and energy.
We also service and install many other fine manufacturers' equipment, such as Rheem, Trane, Honeywell, York & Unico, Lennox, Goodman, Armstrong, Bryant and Janitrol.
Here is information on some of the air conditioning manufacturers that Woodfin uses.
For more information, please contact us. Ask about our Woodfin Total Comfort Warranty
High efficiency, energy savings, outstanding performance, quiet operation, long-lasting warranties and eco-friendly R410 refrigerant - that's what you'll get with Amana's air conditioners. You probably know the Amana name for quality kitchen appliances - and their heating and cooling products are made with the same level of commitment. You can expect years of dependable service from your Amana home comfort equipment.
This trusted brand offers the Allegiance® line of central air conditioning systems, including the high-efficiency Ultimate models, which offer SEER ratings as high as 20. Two-stage cooling helps you save up to 60 percent on energy bills, while the ozone-safe refrigerant protects the environment. Some models use the AccuLink™ Communicating System to integrate their operations with other system components. The systems run quietly and keep temperature even from room to room with a variable speed fan motor.
Built on a foundation of innovation and advanced technology to provide lasting comfort, the Infinity™ central air conditioner is Carrier's most efficient model, delivering a SEER rating of up to 21. Designed with two-stage operation for superior comfort, it uses environmentally friendly Puron® refrigerant and is built with Carrier's Silencer System II™ for quiet operation.
Lennox is a world-class manufacturer widely recognized for quality, reliability and innovation. Since 1895, Lennox has been improving home comfort and introducing important products for air conditioning, heating and ventilation. Today, the company offers more than 60 product lines, including the Dave Lennox Signature Collection and Elite Series, which feature environmentally sound engineering for high efficiency and quiet operation.
Trane offers a wide array of air conditioners that utilize the latest technology available in home comfort. Trane’s TruComfort™ allows these air conditioners to operate at the exact speed needed to keep you and your family cool. It also adjusts automatically when the needs of the household, or the weather outside, inevitably change. With SEER ratings as high as 22 and durable, quiet and economical equipment, it’s no wonder Trane has been a trusted name in home comfort since 1885.
You can keep your home more comfortable and reduce the amount of electricity you use for cooling by following some of these conservation tips:
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer. The less difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall cooling bill will be.
- Don't set your thermostat at a colder setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster and could result in excessive cooling and, therefore, unnecessary expense.
- Make sure the output of your air conditioner is right for the size of your room or house to ensure optimum efficiency and comfort.
- Change or clean your air conditioning filter monthly during the cooling season to improve efficiency (and extend the life of your air conditioner).
- Keep the coils of your central or window air conditioner free of dust and dirt. A dirty coil reduces the system's ability to cool your home and causes the system to run longer, costing you more energy dollars.
- Clean cool-air registers as needed and make sure they're not blocked by furniture, carpeting or drapes.
- Turn off kitchen, bath, and other exhaust fans within 20 minutes of finishing your cooking or bathing.
- Keep shades and curtains closed during the day to prevent solar gain.
- Insulate your home thoroughly and seal air leaks.
- Don't place lamps or TV sets near your air-conditioning thermostat. The thermostat senses heat from these appliances, which can cause the air conditioner to run longer than necessary.
- Cook on the grill to keep cooking heat outside the home.
- Install reflective window coatings to reflect heat away from your home.
- Open windows on cool summer days and nights. A good rule of thumb is to open windows only when the outside temperature is cooler than the inside of your house.
- If you use window air conditioners, plant trees or shrubs to shade air conditioning units but not to block the airflow. Place your room air conditioner on the north side of the house. A unit operating in the shade uses as much as 10 percent less electricity than the same one operating in the sun.
- If you use window air conditioners, consider using interior fans in conjunction with your window units to spread the cooled air more effectively through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
For more information, please contact us.